Pages

Saturday 25 March 2017

India Today Woman Summit: These are India Today's Women of the Year

In India a cow gets better protection than a woman and if you dare rape a cow you will be lynch by a mob and if you were raped by man than you will be gang raped by man and killed by men.
India is 10,000 years behind in the respect and protection of women. Only the Sikhs have equality for genders as per their religion but they now in Punjab are equally bad because of infanticide (Killing of babies born as girls. There is a huge gender discrepancy in Punjab as the ratio of males to female are in favour of males. That is why a lot of unmamarried Punjabi men who are real unhappy and unmarried and now spend their time smoking drugs because no wife no family all because of their very fathers and mothers who practice infanticide by killing babies born as girls. The girls who survive and now grown women prefer educated and well off males either Punjabis born in India or preferable Punjabi males from overseas.

Do not blame anybody but blame the culture .The think is if have male in family the generation will continue but if no wife the generation dies there. Generation also gets extended by the female branch of the family also. As we all do have mothers but the mothers are the killers of young born baby girls. Sad but true and wither the Punjabi people. All have forgotten the equality preached by the 10 Gurus
Punjab need a Sikh who is selfless and a man of the Gurus and do not see one .the last was Sant Jernail Singh and he was killed for his beliefs by the traitors from the Hindu and Sikh divide

Yes the below women have come a long way but are there any unknown village , uneducated , poor women in this group nope , because women too look down on their own kind








An event to reckon with, the India Today Woman Summit returns this year as the ideal platform for women from all walks of life to voice their thoughts and opinions.
This year, we have on our discussion panel renowned personalities like paralympic champion Deepa Malik, acid attack survivor and campaigner Laxmi Saa, women rights activist umtaz Shaikh, writer Samhita Arni and Bhartiya Muslim Mahila Andolan founder Zakia Soman, among others, with the icing on the cake being the only male guest, actor Shahid Kapoor.
India Today Woman Awards By Guest Of Honour, Hema Malini
"My mother sacrificed a lot to make me achieve my goals. I'm very thankful to her. She always used to say, wherever you go, leave your footprint," Hema Malini says. And the award winners are...
India Today Woman Scientist of the Year: Dr B Valsa
India Today Woman Writer of the Year: Twinkle Khanna
India Today Businesswoman of the Year: Radhika Piramal
India Today Inspirational Woman of the Year: Archana Ramasundaram
India Today Woman Actors of the Year: Fatima Sana Sheikh and Sanya Malhotra
India Today Woman in Public Service: Ria Sharma
India Today Woman Rising Star of the Year: Jasleen Royal
India Today Mother of the Year: Rajwinder Kaur
India Today Vivel Woman of Resilience: Deepa Malik
 
Session 12: Feminism For Dummies | An Open Letter To Sexism By Swara Bhaskar
Actress Swara Bhaskar writes an open letter to her life-long genius companion, sexism. From tracing her story as a little girl who was asked to smile a lot to be liked by everyone to her first kiss resulting in a lot of Maths homework to the funny hastags running on social media by men asking for equality--Swara Bhaskar nails the society's hypocrisy towards women.
She then speaks as Sexism to the woman, about grapes being sour. "I don't need you on my team. I have Trump... Get used to power equations, darling. The reason I, sexism, continue to rule is because I have  pitched your fight as men vs women--you getting your rights seems like men loosing theirs," Sexism.

Session 11: From Head To Toe | That Healing Feeling
Moderated by Avantika Joshi
  • Rohini Chopra: Emotional Freedom is not judging the others, and not judging yourself--even when you're at your worst.
  • Trupti Jayin: For the past 22 years, I used to be a skeptic. But after going through my own past-life therapy, my motion sickness was gone, which made me learn this form of therapy.
  • Bindu Maira: To understand crystals, we need to understand who we are. The only difference between different objects is the rate of frequency. There's an intangible energy that science does not recognise that flows through all objects and human beings. Emotion is nothing but energy in motion.
  • Antonella Simonelli Mathur: Bach flower and other therapies are called alternative therapies; allopathy is just 300 years old, and you, despite being Indianhave adopted that as the only therapy.
  • Chetna Chakravarthy: Physical, mental and emotional wellness works together, always. When you're in excruciating physical pain in which you HAVE to reach out to the doctor, that's the last stage. Your body has been trying to give you signals through mental or emotional paths. You haven't been listening, that's why you've reached that point of pain.
  • A lot of times those who have migraines are the people who are perfectionists. So, most of these chronic pains are unknowingly self-inflicted.

Session 10: Armed And Hilarious | The Legend Of Mrs Funnybones
Moderated by Koel Purie
  • The truth itself it funny, when you uncover all the layers of conditioning around it.
  • To look for the absurd in the tragic--that's the greatest gift my family has given me.
  • I grew up in a family where even success wasn't taken very seriously. So, failure wasn't a big deal then.
  • "When a woman's economic status improves, her whole family's condition improves. That's not necessarily true for a man."--A woman will think about what to get her kids when she gets some money; men would think about him needing a bigger cellphone.
  • You can have a mustache and be a feminist. You can hate men and be a feminist, you can hate a cat, and you can hate whatever, but as long as you're believing in equality, you're a feminist.
  • My version of feminism--pushing the envelope on the stories that I have told. I have put my money, my clout and my everything in a project (Padman) that might make life a little easier.
  • I chanced upon Muruganantham Arunachalam's story and thought his story needed to be told. I started chasing him; he wouldn't take my call. He finally did and said I looked like Raveena Tandon. That's the only time I wanted to drop his story, but I didn't. 
  • Yogi Adityanath needs to do that gas-releasing aasana.
  • A word that would describe you at this point in your life--comfortable.
  • By the time you get to 40, you're really comfortable in your skin, but that's also because your skin is not as tight as it used to be.
  • Me and Akshay are a great team, we're playing tennis doubles.
  • Sex is important at every stage. The things I found extremely attractive in Akshay have changed over time.
  • Motherhood is about being tied to something forever, but in a good way.
  • I do have a story for a children's book, but I'm yet to figure out how to process it.
  • Whacking your kids is not the right thing to do. I've been doing yoga for the past 15 years, so I'm not that angry anymore anyway. 
  • What writing has done for me is it's kicked this mid-life crises out of my brain.If you can make someone laugh at something, you've changed their perspective about it forever. So, if I take something that is a taboo and I make you laugh, it won't be a taboo anymore.
  • I'm reading a book by Eileen Montessa; I've finished The Sellout by Paul Beatty.
  • My message for women in India today: It's not as easy as it seems. In order to attain equality today, you have to work twice as hard as men, and that's a reality.



No comments:

Traitors in the midst of Pakatan Harapan and mostly in DAP

Traitors in Pakatan Harapan , yes many are and do not realize they will be the ones because they are already been compromised during to the...

Popular Post