Pages

Tuesday 18 April 2017

Malaysian Guy Shares How His Friend Got Scammed By A Lenovo Employee At Sunway Pyramid

Malaysian Guy Shares How His Friend Got Scammed By A Lenovo Employee At Sunway Pyramid



In an e-mail to WORLD OF BUZZ, Jia Hou said:

“I have this college friend, she is from China and had came down to INTI Subang to study. Then one day, her Lenovo laptop stopped working. Frustratingly, the laptop could no longer be turned on and so she had no choice but to send it to that shop. She believed that sending the laptop back to its own brand’s store would be better.  My friend passed her laptop to them hoping they could fix it, and when they checked the laptop for awhile they said she had to pay RM150 for ‘checking fee’ for only touching the laptop.

So my friend gave me a call and I asked to talk to the guy. He told me different companies will have different charging fees. They probably think that my friend is a fool but I don’t know anywhere that charge ‘checking fees’ just by touching it. Finding the situation fishy, I asked for the shop’s name. To my surprise he refused to tell me and asked why would I want to know the shop’s name. I insisted to know and instead of telling me the shop’s name, he said he will give back the laptop to my friend and tell her to leave rudely.



 Feeling worried for my friend, I drove from Digital Mall all the way to Sunway Pyramid just to check on her and the situation. Even when I arrived at the store, they had yet to return the laptop. She told me she has been waiting for them to bring back her laptop from the ‘office’ for an hour and a half. When they finally brought her laptop back from the ‘service centre’, my friend asked, ‘”why did you tell me it takes only 5 minutes for you to take back the laptop but you took an hour plus? The horrible salesman rudely exclaimed “You need to know we have a lot of customers, not just you!”

Jia Hou and his friend still refused to payRM150 for absolutely nothing. So they haggled with the staff to have the price reduced and they were successful. In the end, they only paid RM80 just to get the laptop back.  It’s funny how the “checking fee” price went down from RM150 to RM80.



After that incident, Jia Hou brought his friend to Digital Mall to have it properly fixed. When he asked if there were such a thing as ‘checking fee’, the employees were laughing at them.

Feeling unsatisfied, Jia Hou sent a complaint to Lenovo’s Facebook page via messenger. According to WOB, Lenovo Malaysia is currently conducting internal investigations as they absolutely do not condone unethical behaviour and is taking any necessary measure to make sure the issue is resolved, including reaching out the the affected parties.

Scams are an unfortunate part of life. Everywhere in the world are people looking for unscrupulous ways to make money, all at someone else’s expense, loss, and sometimes quite terrible suffering..

Foreigners are among those most vulnerable to scams. There are many reasons for this. Foreigners are unfamiliar with the area, are often in need of help and information and tend to be trusting of those offering it, are likely not to question what they see or are told, do not know alternatives, often cannot speak the language where they are, carry large amounts of cash and available credit, often do not have a vehicle and therefore the freedom to travel anywhere they wish within the area, are unlikely to return to the area to assist in the prosecution of the offenders, and are unlikely to ever cross paths with the scammers again.

Please share this around!

No comments:

Traitors in the midst of Pakatan Harapan and mostly in DAP

Traitors in Pakatan Harapan , yes many are and do not realize they will be the ones because they are already been compromised during to the...

Popular Post